Re: upgrading cvs pserver from 1.11p1(stable) to 1.12.9(testing)

In article <[🔎] 41F52406.4030402@upc.edu> you write:
>hi all,
>    i want to upgrade the cvs pserver as in the subject i say to
>    perform pam authentification (i've read that in this version it's
>    possible without pathing & recompiling).
>    Because of i'm fairly new to cvs i don't want to make any
>    dissaster in the repository so my question is...
>    Is there any problem to perform this upgrade? if i have to make
>    a backup of the files i only have to cp all files to a secure path?
>    I've read the CHANGES file of the new version but... it doesn't
>    make me feel secure about this.

Correct - to back up a CVS repository, simply tar up or copy all the
files somewhere else. I wouldn't expect you to have any major problems
with the cvs version update, but be aware that some of the *info
script interfaces have changed. (If that means nothing to you, then
you'll be fine!) Let me know if you have any problems.

Steve (CVS maintainer)
  Armed with "Valor": "Centurion" represents quality of Discipline,
  Honor, Integrity and Loyalty. Now you don't have to be a Caesar to
  concord the digital world while feeling safe and proud.