Re: Is it safe to upgrade Woody to Sarge?

Björn Johansson wrote:
At 10:11 2005-01-13, you wrote:

I've found a place where I can download Sarge:

ftp://ftp.it.debian.org/debian-cd/sarge/

Do you know if this is the whole Sarge distribution?

Björn Johansson

Hi,

you can give jigdo a try. It genereates up-to-date versions of dvd or cd images (by downloading) and you don't have to download the complete image again if you a new image set since you can use your already generated images to check what has to be updated (and to be downloaded).

This is really great because it saves you (and the mirror) a lot of traffic.
Sarge comes with two DVD. I only use the first for installation and then switch my sources.list to some mirrors in the net to get the last updates.

Kind regards,

Paul