Re: configure network failed and installation incomplete (w/o logs)

Hi David,

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 12:45:10AM -0700, David Friedman wrote:

> I'm wondering if I pulled one of those posting to the wrong group things.
> Perhaps I should have sent this to debian-user, but it seemed like it was
> an Etch issue, and not package specific.

Since you submitted that mail as a bug report against the
installation-reports package as well, I assumed you would get some support
from the debian-installer team, who are likewise in a better position to
support installer issues.

> Or possibly I should have written about my situation more up front, instead
> of burying it in amongst all the documentation that I sent along.  I used
> the installation report template because it seemed like it probably covered
> the questions that I should answer in the first place, but I'm not just
> trying to send in an installation report via the list. I'm trying to figure
> out why the Etch install short circuits.

Your report doesn't seem to include enough information to tell us why the
network configuration failed.  Did the system fail to load your ethernet
driver?  Were you trying to configure the network using DHCP?  Do you have
a DHCP server on your network?

This may be a transient error in the etch installer for all I know; in which
case someone closer to the d-i development would again have a better idea.

Cheers,