Do not empty the RAM

Hi,

I have a small problem... after keeping my system up for only 48 hours... and not doing anything heavy on it (some websurfing, playing music, chatting and some downloading) my RAM fills up... the programs I use are bittornado, mozilla firefox, gaim, mozilla thunderbird and xmms... and sometimes xine... do you have any tip on what might be faulty or that I should download something that will empty the ram for me... because I have never had this sort of problem with it before... I run unstable programs on it and use a 2.6 kernel