Strange problems, maybe related to glibc6

I have a fresh installation of Testing, and I start to will tell from where it starts.

When the system boots up, it hangs at starting ntop, (actually not hangs just waits forever) removing ntop only postpones the errors.

If I bypass starting up ntop, the problem will manifest after a while, normally it walks trough the runlevel and gdm starts up fine and I can work for a very short period of time. However, after a while, some programs tend to hang. When this happens I can no longer log in as root. (It hangs) And then on a working root terminal, which I had already, if I try 'su' it asks for the password and after I press enter, noting happens, just goes to the next line. Ctrl+c get me back to the prompt.

I am puzzled, I had Debian working for a long time and last week I started to get the problems, looks like out of nowhere actually.

I have seen an old post located here which is very similar and related to libc6, could this be the problem? Located here http://lists.debian.org/debian-glibc/2003/11/msg00289.html . However, it is dated 2003.

I'm stuck and this problem renders my system unusable, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kozy.