Re: Installing Debian Sarge with a ZyXel USB Modem (Prestige 630)

(http://www.ndo.com/ndo/Support/ZyXel_USB_Modem_(Prestige_630)/supndousbmodem.html)
>> Which kernel module should i take for this modem?
> Its not wireless, is it?  The only reference I can find to Zyxel (in
> the kernel) is for a wireless card.  I would just boot it up, and
> immediately try to get an IP address (skipping a few installation
> steps, possible working in expert mode).  I donno how good the
> hardware autodetection is on recent CDs.  If you don't get an IP
> immediately, try reading dmesg (after pressing alt+f2) to see if it
> says anything about the "card" (device, whatever).
>
> Justin

Hi Justin

No it's not wireless.I can't get an IP address.
Dmesg sees no USB modem (card or device). I see only the USB printer or the
USB scanner.

Thanks for your help.