Re: Re: Re: Getting Debian Sarge to full software RAID-1; 4 GB virtual memory...

Elton, thanks for the further info.  Since I didn't have /boot in a separate
partition, I'll try re-installing with 4 partitions now (/boot,swap,/, and
the rest on an LVM p.v.) and see what happens.  There's a lot of literature
out there about troubles with booting on IDE interfaces that leads to the
practice of separate partitions for /boot, but little about it on SCSI.  But
I've got little to lose in trying at this point.

Frank P. Hart                                   NC State University
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering    P.O. Box 7914
EGRC Room 438   Telephone: (919) 513-7261       Raleigh, NC  27695-7914