Re: aptitude and source packages

Hi Hendrik,

On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 10:35:15PM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> What do I have to do to get aptitude to install a source package for me?
> I spent half the morning trying things and searching documentation with
> no luck.  I do have a deb-src line in my sources.list file -- the very
> one that sarge installed when I installed it.

I'm not sure if aptitude was designed to do that. Use

apt-get source pkg

instead. You may need to to

apt-get update

first. I don't know if aptitude uses the same files as apt
(/var/lib/apt/lists/ (?)) It didn't somewhere in the past. You may also need

apt-get build-dep pkg

first or you may not be able to successfully compile the package.

HTH,
 Mike