Re: Getting Debian Sarge to full software RAID-1; 4 GB virtual memory...

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 04:29:03PM -0500, Frank P. Hart wrote:
[...] I don't know anything about RAID.

> One other question:  I have 2 GB of DRAM and I specfied a 2 GB swap size.
> I'm hoping to get 4 GB of virtual memory.  But I used a tool by DJ Delorie
> (used previously in Cygwin) that says I only have 2 GB of virtual memory.
> I'd appreciate some suggestions on how to fix this, too, or other (more
> reliable?) ways to check the amount of virtual memory Debian thinks it has
> available.
Just run top; it has a status line which tells you the amount of real
and nonreal memory.  Add them together to get virtual.

/proc/swaps lists active swap partitions; and,
/proc/meminfo lists more info about physical memory than I know what
to do with..

Justin