SMBMount issues between Woody and Sid

Hi,

I don't really know if this is the right list to post this problem since
it doesn't actually concern the testing distribution. Still, my problem
came up after a sid upgrade on my setup, so I guess it involves "testing
Debian" :)

In my setup I have a home server running Woody (pastrami) and a client
(ciabatta - my desktop machine) running sid. I used to mount my WWW root
on the server as ~/www-remote on the desktop machine using "mount -t
smbfs" (via fstab), in order to allow for easy updates on the website.

Some time ago, i started getting this message when trying to mount the
SMB share on the sid machine:

root@ciabatta:~# mount /home/gomo/www-remote/
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on //pastrami/gomoxweb,
       missing codepage, or too many mounted file systems

With this on dmesg:

smbfs: mount_data version 1029990773 is not supported

The entry on fstab looks like this:
//pastrami/gomoxweb     /home/gomo/www-remote   smbfs
defaults,uid=1000,username=gomo,password=XXXXXX

I haven't touched neither fstab on the client or smb.conf on the server,
so I guess the problem comes from some incompatibility that appeared a
bit after the samba 3.0 upload into sid (the initial upgrade to 3.0
didn't create any issues).

The installed versions are:

root@ciabatta:~# dpkg -l *smb* *samba* | grep ii
ii  libsmbclient   3.0.9-1
ii  smbclient      3.0.8-2
ii  samba          3.0.8-2
ii  samba-common   3.0.8-2

pastrami:/home/gomo# dpkg -l *smb* *samba* | grep ii
ii  smbclient      2.2.3a-14.1
ii  samba          2.2.3a-14.1
ii  samba-common   2.2.3a-14.1

The server runs custom-built vanilla Linux 2.4.27 and the client has
2.6.9.

Thanks in advance,

--
Gonzalo Sainz-Trápaga (GomoX)
GnuPG Fingerprint: A0AF 3BBF EB93 7EFE 6628  C5A5 F073 9442 6DE4 A497