Re: .bash_profile not executed with k/gdm

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 03:39:32PM -0200, Jonathan Meller wrote:
> Ave!
>
>  For console -> .bash_profile
>  For terminal (xterm, konsole, etc) -> .bashrc
>
>  You can put inside .bashrc the line:
> . ~/.bash_profile
> to load the .bash_profile configuration on .bashrc

This reminds me of a struggle I had a while ago...
I wanted to change my umask value...  Naturally I wanted to be the
same when I logged in on console, with gdm (and not just in a terminal
here but also when using [gnome-]applications) or ssh.

I tried this with /etc/profile, and even with libpam-umask but could
not get my umask set when logging in with gdm...I only got it on the
console.  And even if I got this to work, I was using ways only
available to root.  This should be possible as a user imho.

Any suggestions?

Floris