Failed install USB stick / rc2

I am trying to install Sarge from a bootable USB stick as per the instructions in
the Sarge installation manual using sarge-i386-netinst.iso.

I did this successfully with a nearly idential machine back in August, but
decided to try again with the new installer. The machines is self-built with a
KV7 motherboard, a 200MB WDC HD, and a Radeon video - no floppy, no
CD, no nothin. It hooks via ethernet to my local network and from there to the
internet through a Debian gateway machine.

Using the default boot settings, I do get the boot screen and can select the
boot method. linux or expert hangs with an unresponsive keyboard at the first
selection screen. Linux26 or expert26 goes through OK (though it takes
about 15 seconds to recognize the keyboard type), but then on the
"Detecting Hardware to find Harddrives" takes about 10 sec on ide_generic
and 3 minutes on ide_disk.

It then reports "Unable to Load Some Modules" listing ide_mod, ide_detect,
ide_floppy, ide_probe_mod, floppy, and via_rhine.

It then searches for an ISO file (starting at /dev/discs/disc0/disc..."), taking
10+ minutes to do so, before reporting it is unable to locate an ISO.

I expect it is my error, but I can't find it - suggestions?

Larry
ldrut@ldrutledge.com