apt-get (dpkg) Package is in very bad inconsistant state

A  package (blaablah.deb) was created from  "alien -d -v blaablah.rpm"

when running "dpkg -i  blaablah.deb"  failed to install.

Not having the need for the program at the time I deleted the .deb and .rpm packages using rm.

Sometime later I tried to run "apt-get install" for another package and got the error:

"E: The package blaablah needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it."

I tried to re-run alien -d -v blaablah.rpm but after some time my system just reboots ?

HOW DO I REMOVE BLAABLAH SO apt-get (dpkg) STOP WANTING TO HAVE IT REINSTALLED ?

Philip