Re: Mouse faster in kernel 2.6.x ?

Hello xerces8,

I think I have nailed down this issue.  In your X config file, check to see if there are two mice configured.  If so, X seems to be getting events from both of them.  This causes mouse speed to double and sometimes double-clicks even when you single click.  I don't know why this is the default configuration, but perhaps it points to an install problem.  If you remove one of the mice from the X config, you should be all set (I kept /dev/input/mice).  I don't know why this happened only with the 2.6 kernel, but I noticed the same behavior.  However, you might have a completely different problem altogether.  Let me know how you make out.  Take care.