Re: wifi cards that work with sarge?

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 21:32, David Gerard wrote:
> I have a Thinkpad 560X happily running Sarge. All it needs for
> complete happiness is WiFi.
>
> What cards are known to Just Work (more or less) with Sarge?
>
> (And just to be fussy, ones that are available in the UK ...)

I asked a friend with much more experience than I have and this is what he
came up with:

Any from the Lucent WaveLan family (e.g. Enterasys). I know the Intel
2011 and 2011B also work. I got both types workin without a problem in
Potato, so Sarge should be no trouble.

In fact I'm fairly sure that most 802.11b PCMCIA cards are now supported.

You can also check what is in your modules

/lib/modules/<your.kernel.version>/kernel/drivers/net/wireless

ap-utils is in 'testing', so it probably will be in Sarge
ap-utils work with my netgear ME-102, but be careful, it can be touchy

--
Bob Hutchinson