Re: awstats from sarge

On 10-08-2004, at 11h 32'25", Russ Allbery wrote about "Re: awstats from sarge"
> In linux.debian.maint.perl, Damyan Ivanov <divanov@creditreform.bg> writes:
> > Ionel Mugurel Ciobica wrote:
>
> >> bucovina# /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -config=bucovina.chem.tue.nl -update -output -staticlinks -lang=ro
> >> Bizarre copy of ARRAY in aassign at /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats.pl line 115.
> >> Exit 255
> >> Line 115 is criptic to me:
> >> my @OnlyFiles = my @SkipDNSLookupFor = my @SkipFiles = my @SkipHosts =
> >> ();
>
> That's bizarre Perl... I have no idea what the scoping of those my
> declarations should really be in that line.  In general, one should never
> see a "my" on the right hand side of an expression.
>
> > Change the above into these two lines:
>
> > my( @OnlyFiles, @SkipDNSLookupFor, @SkipFiles, @SkipHosts );
> > @OnlyFiles = @SkipDNSLookupFor = @SkipFiles = @SkipHosts = ();
>
> This is entirely equivalent to just:
>
>     my (@OnlyFiles, @SkipDNSLookupFor, @SkipFiles, @SkipHosts);
>
> The initialization is extraneous.

Thank you Damyan and Russ for your help.

Unfortunatelly none of the two solutions are OK. The two lines solution
give me:

Bizarre copy of ARRAY in aassign at /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats.pl line 119.

While the one line solution gives:

Bizarre copy of ARRAY in aassign at /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats.pl line 118.

That line (either 118 or 119) is:

my @RobotArrayList = my @RobotsSearchIDOrder = ();

It will not work just to change all "my" lines, because there are more
than 500. It should be another way. Someone else is using awstats in
here?

Thank you,

Ionel