awstats from sarge

Dear list,

I recently upgrate from woody to sarge and awstats is not working
anylonger:

bucovina:# /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats.pl
Bizarre copy of ARRAY in aassign at /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats.pl line 115.
Exit 255

bucovina# /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -config=bucovina.chem.tue.nl -update -output -staticlinks -lang=ro
Bizarre copy of ARRAY in aassign at /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats.pl line 115.
Exit 255

Line 115 is criptic to me:

my @OnlyFiles = my @SkipDNSLookupFor = my @SkipFiles = my @SkipHosts = ();

Google doesn't help with the error message, without the 115 I get some
pages in russian and one page from "FreeBSD Port: perl5.8-5.8.4"
claiming that there is an error in the new perl5.8:

| There's a problem with the version of perl that recently went into the
| ports.  I'm no perl guru so I can only speak of how it affects me. Running
| perl 5.8.4 from ports, AWStats pages do not load more than a few lines,
| however when I tried "use.perl system", and reverted to 5.0, everything
| loaded fine.
|
| Walter Venable

It is not clear for me if this is a bug or what is it exactly.
Anyone else have found this problem?

I don't know anything about perl (I had to install it because other
packages deppend on it) so how do I solve the problem? Any indication
would be appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Ionel

--
Dr. Ionel Mugurel Ciobîcă              Phone:  00 31 (0)40 2473008
Eindhoven University of Technology     http://bucovina.chem.tue.nl