Re: CUPS printing problems in Sarge

On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 19:06, Jim Seymour wrote:

> Have gone from bad to worse now. Nothing will print now. I have removed
> cups and switched back to lpr. Files get spooled but never print. In
> dmesg I can see:
Sad story ... but you are not alone !!

I have the same problem, but only from some of my mashines. I Have a
server with a HP 6L printer attacehed, and the server can make nice
testpages. But some of my workstations just don't print anymore, when
sending jobs to the server. And, last but not least, cups don't complain
about a thing, on neither the server or client, just silently drop the
job (its not even queued) :-(

Someone must know why this is so ...

/BL