Re: Hardware detection question/problem

The latest discover seems to be called 'discover', and it won't auto-update due to dependencies, so [apt-get install discover] is your friend. The current version in sarge (for me at least) fixes most of the problems I had with NICs etc....only outstanding issue was that alsa wouldn't load. That was due to discover being _too_ good and loading the i810 module when I really wanted the one from alsa....a suitable line in /etc/discover.conf to ignore the sound module fixed that.

Everything's peachy again...

DAVE