Re: Re: Hardware detection question/problem

The hardware detection problem appears to be that the "discover" package in Sarge was renamed to "discover1".

lspci -v                            # told me what my nic was
modprobe 3c59x             # loaded the module into memory
ifup eth0                          # got me on line
apt-get update
apt-get install discover1   # removes discover
shutdown -r now

(Actually I work with Tim and he helped me with the first half. I found the discover rename by doing a search of debian.org and poking around.)

Joe Spears