Re: USB Mouse and XFree86 4.3.0-7

You rock! I tried loading mousedev while running earlier, and nothing happened. I added mousedev to /etc/modules, rebooted, and it worked! Thanks.

Jason

Tobias Eichert wrote:

On Wednesday 07 April 2004 01:19, you wrote:
I have both input and usbcore installed (they show up after a lsmod).
Here is the contents of /etc/modules:

usb-uhci
input
#usbkbd
#keybdev
3c59x
hid

Still no luck... :(

I guess "mousedev" is essential for the proper working of your USB mouse - did you load it, too? IIRC it's the module which actually creates the mouse devices within /dev/input/ .. correct me if I'm wrong. :)

I'll be back later - off for some sleep now. Drop me line and I'll see what I can do. :)

Cheers,
Tobias

.