Re: Cannot load GNOME under Sarge

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 01:05:08PM -0500, mukesh agrawal wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Jim Seymour wrote:
>
> > 1. I can ping the loopback device fine.
> >
> > 2. I moved the .gnome* and .gconf* files to another directory. Same
> > results as before and same message :-(
> >
> > Any other ideas?
>
> Two other ideas:
>
> 1. Check your .xsession-errors file to see if there is a more informative
>    error message from gconfd there.
>
> 2. If that doesn't work, try starting gconfd manually, and see if it gives
>    a more useful error message.

1. This is a clip of my .xsession-errors after trying to log into GNOME

SESSION_MANAGER=local/nuthatch:/tmp/.ICE-unix/1019
Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1
Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1

A Google search did not turn up anything useful on the last 2 messages.

2. Was not sure how to try gconfd manually. What procedure was I
supposed to try to do this?

Thanks,

Jim Seymour