Re: someone has made my init unhappy.

I am familiar with what the id means and I'm currently getting that
message every five minutes.  I am logged in on 9 other consoles and
have no idea what I might do to clear the problem on that console.  I
have tried sending a sighup to init to reload the inittab.  I have
tried killing off the getty on that console to no avail because it is
either sleeping or respawning in which case it has changed pid.  I
have tried changing the permissions on the /dev/tty device and
ownership and then back.  I have tried resetting that console with
stty.  I have tried cat'ing screen sequences to that console from
another to no avail.  If you have any solid suggestions what else
might be done that would be good.

  Kirk