Re: Package Extensions(nwcoat Virscan Ok)

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 11:32:23AM +0200, Markus SEIDEL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for questioning this, but i cold not find an answer anywhere else.
>
> How do I find out what extensions are compiled into a package.
>
> example:
> Has samba30final.deb ldap compiled in?
>
> thx
> markus

Sometimes the options compiled into the package are described in the
Readme.Debian or other files in /usr/share/doc/packagename/.  This may
even include a file of configuration options.  In some cases the
package description has some info (e.g., exim4-daemon-xxxx).  It
varies from package to package.

Since there's always the chance that the documentation is not in sync
with the code, inspecting the source or querying the program directly
(if it provides such an option) are more reliable.