Re: Why don't valid candidates move to testing?

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 14:31, Ben Korvemaker wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 01:49:23PM -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> > Some packages, such as r-base, appear to have been "valid candidates"
> > for an extended period of time (> 30 days) yet they haven't moved into
> > testing.
> >
> > A few days delay would not surprise me if higher priority stuff needed
> > to be moved, but this does.  Can anyone explain what is going on?
>
> Try http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/
Thanks for that link; I was looking for it.

So it seems the basic issue is that being a "valid candidate" is
necessary, but not suffient, for a package to move into testing.  Valid
just means what, that it builds properly on all platforms?  And then
after that, you have to consider what other breakages moving the package
to testing might cause?