Re: Debian installer test report

tis 2003-07-08 klockan 14.48 skrev Ruben Porras:
> * Configure network HW: the installer failed to load the module for
>   Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10), it tries
>   to load rtl8139, but the correct module is 8139too, I think this is
>   a know issue.

Yes, this is known, and will be fixed when the migration to discover 2
is complete.

> * Partition hard drives: Automatic partitioning didn't work as expected.
>   It didn't ask which hard disk to use (or both), also, it didn't ask
>   for confirmation to write the partition table or start making the
>   file-systems. For me this is more than unsafe, it is destructive. So,
>   I think that at least you need to put a really _big_ warning.
>   I didn't continue the installation because I was doing it in my every
>   day use computer, so, as soon as I realice what was happening I press
>   the reset button in order to minimice the damage.

You mean the debconf template autopartkit/confirm that says
"""
Are you sure you want to automatically partition the disk ?
 This will destroy the partition table on all disks in the machine.
 REPEAT: THIS WILL WIPE CLEAN ALL HARD DISKS IN THE MACHINE!
 If you have important data that are not backed up, you may want to
 stop now in order to do a backup. In that case, you'll have to
 restart the installation later.
"""
and is asked with priority "high" when autopartkit is started? I don't
know what version of autopartkit you got, but if the image is recent,
this really should have been shown. What debconf priority did you
select? If you selected "critical", I'm in awe of your confidence in us
to produce an alpha version installer that doesn't break your every day
computer!

/Martin
--
Martin Sjögren