Re: Installing sid

Carlos Sousa wrote:
It sounds like some temporary breakage in the packaging of some sid
packages. Nothing much. Being a sid user means you should be able to
investigate the errors being reported by apt-get, track down the root
causes and possibly help resolving them.

You *do* know sid is the *unstable* distribution, right? Mainly for Debian
developers themselves to test their packages or for people who don't mind
having their machine occasionally rendered useless because they probably
have the skills necessary to put it back in working order.

It seems you're getting a first taste of sid even before installing it...
Are you sure you understand what you're getting into?

Yes I do. Except that I'm very young in Debian-world, so I'm not too familar with the apt/dpkg-system. Yet. Regards, ex. RedHat user.

And yes I do know that its the unstable distro. However, one of the biggest advantages with living on the edge is that you get to try things out while they are still hot. ;)

However, I have been running sid on my laptop for say three months now, and it works like a charm. I've had no stability-problems at all... So based on my experience, I'd say that sid isn't _that_ unstable. (I've had some dependecy problems, but thats generally it.)

Regards,
Svein