Installing sid

Hi all,

(I dont now if this is the right mail-list an all...)

Whats the best approach to install sid? I have a machine where I have installed the minimum base system of woody (using bootimage bf2.4). Then I edit /etc/apt/sources.list and replace all instances of 'stable' with 'unstable'. When I do an "apt-get update", and then "apt-get dist-upgrade", it downloads 76 packages.

However, when it comes to installation time it gives me this error:

E: This installation run will require temporarely removing the essential package libpam-modules due to a Conflict/Pre-Depends loop. This is often bad, but if you really want to do it, activate the APT::Force-LoopBreak option.
E: Internal Error, Could not early remove libpam-modules

I used this procedure on another machine 1 month ago, and then it works. But now it doesn't, and I dont understand why. So my question is simply on how to get a system up and running with sid... Anyone else with other ways to acheive it?

Regards,
Svein