Re: Problem with cupsys and testing

Lee Bradshaw <lee@sectionIV.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 07:52:36PM +0200, A.L.Meyers wrote:
>> http://localhost:631/admin

>> Also wierd is that I have to be connected on line to the internet in
>> order to access the above localhost address.
>
> I haven't tried cups, but needing to be online sounds like some kind of
> hosts problem. You should have a line in /etc/hosts:
>
>   127.0.0.1       localhost
>
> Make sure you're using your hosts file in /etc/host.conf. I check hosts
> and then dns with the following /etc/host.conf:
>
>   order hosts,bind
>   multi on
>
> You may also want to use the ip address in the url:
>
>   http://127.0.0.1:631/admin
>
> to see if that works when you're offline.

/etc/hosts and /etc/host.conf look fine.  Should I ping the ip address
offline?

Does resolv.conf have any influence on this problem?

Thanks and greetings,

Lucien
--
If you receive this by error, please delete it and inform the sender.
PGP key fingerprint=F1C0 D9AE 1B18 1405 4DFA  B4CC 6DC7 FF78 C76E FB15