Re: Problem with cupsys and testing

Hi,

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 01:52, A.L.Meyers wrote:
> Hi!  Probably I have some network or permissions config problem with
> testing and the cups printing system but haven't been able to figure it
> out.  Suggestions appreciated.
>
> cupsys and cups client installed OK and I can print the test page
> perfectly to my postscript printer.  But when I enter
>
> http://localhost:631/admin
>
> as root using any browser, change printer parameters and try to go to
> the next screen to save the new settings (as root!), I consistently get
> a "client authorization refused" error.

You need to edit /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and change the security settings
near the end of the file. You may also have to change the network
browsing options in the section above security. See the on-line docs for
details.

> Also wierd is that I have to be connected on line to the internet in
> order to access the above localhost address.

Strange, but probably something to do with the browse/security settings
and which clients can access cups, or perhaps to do with your domain
name resolution... try using the 127.0.0.1 ip address instead of
"localhost" in the url.

> Also I cannot print, neither as root nor as user.  The jobs just
> disappear somewhere.

Also likely to be a config issue. Read the CUPS on-line documentation
and local man pages to find out where you are going wrong.

Sam

--
Sam Williams <debian@salterprojects.com>