Problem with libstdc++-libc6

I am running a simple mapping program with Debian Sarge (geodas, not a
Debian package,  runs on Tcl/Tk 8.0 or better), and I get the following
error when doing grid translations:

/usr/local/bin/geodas-gridtran: error while loading shared libraries:
libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory.

If I do a locate, I find I have the file:
"/usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3"

Is this a case where I can get by with a symbolic link from 6.1-1 to
6.2-2, or is it a problem with the program or with Sarge?

Thanks,
Glen