Re: Sarge: debian-installer from Bootfloppydisk and Description of In stallation

tis 2003-06-10 klockan 14.07 skrev Walther, Christoph:
> Hello Debian-Testing-insterested people,
>
> I downloaded the ISO-CD-Images "Sarge", status "testing" and
> I found a floppy-image on the first CD: cdrom144-1440.img.
> It is possible to boot my K5 486 100Mc/s-PC by them.
> When the debian-installer is started, it is possible to choose
> the language, CD-ROM will be detected and is really mounted,
> at menuitem "Load installer modules" the cdrom-retriever for fetching
> modules from CD will be used.
> In the following list, where you find items
> like cdrom-checker, modutils-basic, lvmcfg, and so on, it is possible to mark the
> desired items, but now I don't know how to continue with the debian-installer-prompt,
> seen as
> Prompt: 1 - 37, q to end, b for begin>
> It is posible only to enter the numbers, b for begin of list and q for end.
>
> 1) Do you know which actions at the prompt must be done to proceed successfully ?

Thank you for showing us that it IS too confusing. :) "q to end" refers
to leaving the selection list (thereby proceeding). Maybe it's better to
use a word like "continue", "finish" or "proceed"? I'm CC:ing this to
#192305.

> 2) Do you know about a small instructing-manual for the debian-installer, used in "testing" ?

There's pretty much only what documentation there is in CVS:
http://cvs.debian.org/debian-installer/doc/

> 3) Can you give me some helpful hints to install "testing" successfully ?

If you are more interested in getting a Sarge system running to
perfection than in helping us develop debian-installer, I'd recommend
installing Woody and then dist-upgrading to Sarge.

/Martin
--
Martin Sjögren
  sjogren@debian.org -- marvin@dum.chalmers.se