Re: update-alternatives and gcc

Hi,

> I have been completely unable to build a 2.4.20 kernel with
> gcc-3.3 and it's not the add-ons that are failing - it is core
> kernel modules (aic7xxx, old-aic7xxx, core net, and more) -
> neither make-kpkg or a vanilla make get past resolving
> dependencies.

This is because of a bug in the 2.4 kernel source, not a bug in the
compiler. You should still compile kernels with 3.2 until the bug gets
fixed in the next kernel release.
More info on this here:

Gonzalo Sainz-Trápaga (GomoX)
GnuPG Fingerprint: A0AF 3BBF EB93 7EFE 6628  C5A5 F073 9442 6DE4 A497
Public Key:
http://pgp.rediris.es:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6DE4A497