libgd-perl: Depends: perlapi-5.6.1 but it is not installable

Hi.

I'm fairly new to debian 'testing'.
Trying to install perl-related software, I recieve a chain of unmet
dependences that seems to conclude at:
wallace:~# apt-get install libgd-perl
[...]
  libgd-perl: Depends: perlapi-5.6.1 but it is not installable
E: Sorry, broken packages

I have perl 5.8 installed, though:
wallace:~# dpkg -l '*perl*' |grep '^ii'
ii  libperl5.8     5.8.0-17       Shared Perl library.
ii  perl           5.8.0-17       Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and
Report
ii  perl-base      5.8.0-17       The Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish
Lister.
ii  perl-modules   5.8.0-17       Core Perl modules.

If I understand correctly the FAQs, it's normal to have such a kind of
broken packages in testing (in fact I see that libgd-perl is marked
uninstallable, and perlapi unavailable). So, probably I'm not supposed to
file a bug-report (?).

My question is: is there a way to use in testing bioperl, med-bio and all
those packages that depend on libgd-perl?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated :-))