Re: Installing testing

> Hi
>
> I have been using debian Woody for quite some time. Quite a few of the
> packages I need such as makejail and snort do not come yet in the stable
> version so I have decided to use the Sarge Testing version instead.  I
> have downloaded all 9 unofficial cd's. When trying to install from the
> first cd it doesn't matter which options I select I always get an error
> message. Is this a problem with the iso I downloaded?

Possibly... did you take a look at:

http://www.uk.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/#which

It seems to imply the official testing CD's are not bootable, but that the
other, unofficial ones, might be. I've not used either, so am not sure,
but that might be the problem you see.

Though it seems from the way you have phrased your problem that you get
may be getting the isolinux/multiboot menu? (The one which gives you the
option of what kernel to run).

Regards,

Sid