Re: xfree84 4.2.1 and Matrox G550

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Tarragon Allen wrote:

> Is this is with the "mga" driver provided with XFree86, or with the
> binary drivers from Matrox?

XF86Config-4 has Driver "mga"

> Have you had the the X set up successfully with a different card?

Yes, but on another similar PC. No problems there.

But: Good hint by funky soul (thanks a lot!): Yes I forgot to look first
into the XFree86.0.log: As an error there the mouse device is missing.
So for now it seems to be no G550 problem at all. Sorry for the noise,
and the type in the subject --- and thanks a lot for your help.

Hartmut

Dr.-Ing. Hartmut Henkel
von Hoerner & Sulger GmbH
Schlossplatz 8
D-68723 Schwetzingen, Germany
Office Phone (+49) 6202/5756-16, -0 (Operator)
Mobile Phone (+49) 174-3045503
FAX (+49) 6202/5756-55
E-Mail henkel@vh-s.de
WWW http://www.vh-s.de