Re: X screen shifts right !!.

I have this behavior as well, with my compaq presario 1247 laptop, which
uses a trident cyberblade/i7 vid card.  I am very suspicious that this is
an anomaly with the xf86 trident drivers, as I've had reports of similar
behavior with other trident iN cards.  I have also stfw thoroughly with no
results.  In my experience, the "shift" seems to happen during periods of
high window change activity - minimizing, restoring, changing focus, etc.
I've experienced this with enlightenment, which I currently use, as well
as afterstep, windowmaker, flwm, epiwm, and probably others which escape
my recollection; this leads me to believe it's not a wm-specific issue.
This happens with a variety of pointing devices as well.  I've been
itching to go into the trident driver code and see if I could spot
something, but I haven't found the time as yet.  I will, however, try the
SWCursor option.

HTH,
Levi