Re: RAID & EXT2-fs error

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 12:31:36AM -0600, Michael Kahle wrote:
When I ran vgcreate it seamed to work fine.  However it lists the MAX LV
Size as being 255.99GB.  This does not make sense with my configuration.  I
have 5 SCSI disk partitions in a RAID5 array.  Each partition is 36446.22mb.
My math shows I should have a MAX LV size of being 145784.88mb.  By running
vgdisplay I show that my VG size is 169.71GB.  What am I missing?  How can
your MAX LV Size be 255.99gb?!?

That is the largest capacity you can grow your LV to by adding more
physical volumes. You can change that by modifying the physical extent
size with the -s flag to vgcreate. Having it much larger than your
current physical size is a good idea, to allow future growth.

Mike Stone