RE: RAID & EXT2-fs error

> I am trying to install a Debian testing box with root on RAID
> 1 following the instructions given at
> http://karaolides.com/computing/HOWTO/lvmraid/

I am working on setting up a system with this configuration.  I decided to
work step by step with this howto to get my system running.  Thanks for the
link.

> Everything
> works fine until I add the initial install disk into the RAID
> array (http://karaolides.com/computing/HOWTO/lvmraid/node26.html).

I'm sorry I can't help you with your specific problem, I was hoping that I
could by working through this howto.  But I'm afraid that I am stuck as
well.

When I ran vgcreate it seamed to work fine.  However it lists the MAX LV
Size as being 255.99GB.  This does not make sense with my configuration.  I
have 5 SCSI disk partitions in a RAID5 array.  Each partition is 36446.22mb.
My math shows I should have a MAX LV size of being 145784.88mb.  By running
vgdisplay I show that my VG size is 169.71GB.  What am I missing?  How can
your MAX LV Size be 255.99gb?!?

As soon as I get this ironed out I will report back with my findings.  I
can't wait to get this thing running.  Neat stuff.

Michael

--
michael.kahle@scc-wi.com              Michael T. Kahle
Tel: +1.262.673.6770x161            105 Steel Craft Dr