Re: Virusscan

Sorry about the previous mail. Ctrl-Enter in Evolution surprised me
again, need to figure out how to disable it.

su, 12-01-2003 kello 21:26, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder
kirjoitti:
> Hmm. While I agree with you, that separating user accounts and
> administration accounts saves the *system*, I don't think that Linux is
> any more attack-proof than any windows system as far as a users data is
> concerned (and, after all, this is what the user cares about).

Actually, Linux is more secure even for user data than Windows is,
because Linux applications tend not to run random program code
downloaded from the net without even asking the user. Also, it helps
that security is not an afterthought in Unix-like systems.

Of course, Linux security could be improved quite a bit, but relative to
Windows, it is better.