Re: Is voice under mgetty broken in Sarge?

On Thursday 27 November 2003 15:12, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Jim Seymour (jim@) [031127 18:25]:
> > 	I am looking at the source code for mgetty on my Debian Sarge
> > install to see why it doesn't have voice support.  Under Red Hat there
> > is a vgetty binary for use in the innitab to start mgetty with voice
> > support.  I can only find a reference to mgetty on the Debian docs.
> > Is mgetty broken on Sarge or am I missing something as a new Debian
> > user? RIght now it tries to answer every call as a fax.  No changes in
> > voice.conf or mgetty.config have made any change on this behavior.
>
> Did you install mgetty-voice? This package is needed for voice.
>
> Cheers,
> Andi

Hi Andy,

	Yes mgetty-voice is installed.  The Debian info indicates that the inittab
entry should be:

s1:23:respawn:/sbin/mgetty ttyS1

I've tried that as well as adding a few options such as speed, debugging,
etc.  Also regardless of what settings I use in voice.conf it answers on
the first or second ring as fax/data.

Thanks,
Jim Seymour