Is voice under mgetty broken in Sarge?

Hi All,

	I am looking at the source code for mgetty on my Debian Sarge
install to see why it doesn't have voice support.  Under Red Hat there
is a vgetty binary for use in the innitab to start mgetty with voice
support.  I can only find a reference to mgetty on the Debian docs.  Is
mgetty broken on Sarge or am I missing something as a new Debian user?
RIght now it tries to answer every call as a fax.  No changes in
voice.conf or mgetty.config have made any change on this behavior.

Thanks,
Jim Seymour