wvdial failed assertion

According to querybts this bug on wvdial has already been resolved

# wvdial mtnl.home
wvdial: Symbol `_ZTV6WvFile' has different size in shared object,
consider re-linking
wvdial: streams/wvstream.cc:169: static void WvStream::_callback(void*):
Assertion `s->wvstream_execute_called' failed.
Aborted

But after an update/upgrade cicle my sarge's wvdial still doesnt work
should I wait a bit longer or what?. As a matter of fact I'm not so sure about
the proccess of bug fixing hence my doubt. :)
thanks
hugo
------
Gpg key: http://lcd.efn.uncor.edu/pubkeys/hsc_key.pgp