Re: Install Sarge into vmware fails

>Boris Folgmann wrote:
>> I'm bloody new to Debian, please give me time to understand the form
>> procedure. I'm trying to install Sarge/Testing in vmware using the
>> netinstall CD image from 2003-10-08.
>>
>> Here are my observations:
>
>> 2. Why not choose the german mirror by default when I chose German as my

>> language? Yeah, the US mirror could be faster, but a default is always go>od

>> for load-balancing, isn't it?

> Joey Hess:

>Depends. The US mirror is already load-balanced; it's got several
>dispersed computers behind it.

A recent change (present in current version) picks the default mirror from the
locale, setting the priority of this question  to medium now rather than high.

Picking US as the default mirror is a bad idea for certain countries; aussie
beginners had better pick an Aussie mirror by default, according to the prices
ajt recently showed.

- Alastair