Re: Install Sarge into vmware fails

Boris Folgmann schrieb:

> 5. After formatting a base system is installed. But then a automatic
> partition starts. Why again? Anyway, I can not get beyond this point,
> because I get repeated "unable to re-read part. table" errors from the
> installer. Rebooting and retrying does not help. :-(

6. Clicking on a lot of "Weiter" ("Next") buttons helped. I could choose
the "manually" method. The installation finished, but the system doesn't
boot completely: after the ext3 mount I get:

/sbin/init 217: cannot create /devc/null: Read-only file system
/sbin/init 218: cannot open dev/console: No such file
                           ^^
Yes! No / here! and then:

Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!

The CD is labeled
Debian GNU/Linux testing "Sarge" - Official NetInst Snapshot i386 Binary-1

see you,
	boris