dhclient does not set the default router at startup

Hi,

I have Sarge (a CD version 2003-09-19) installed on my
computer and see the following behaviour of dhclient.

At startup it configures the eth0-interface
correct(netmask, adress, name-server, ...) except that
there is no default router configured. When I run
dhclient manually from the console after startup the
default router gets configured correctly.

I have tried dhclient.conf both as empty file and with
the option "routers" as required. No difference.

I see that behaviour of dhclient with different
dhcp-servers, so I suspect the problem to be on my
machine.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Logos und Klingeltöne fürs Handy bei http://sms.yahoo.de