Re: INSTALL REPORT

Comments/Problems:

Those sure are nice screen shots on Tollef's web site. Too bad I never saw anything like that on my system. I have a 1600x1200 screen, and the installer shows me 80x25 character text mode.

I selected HTTP as access method, but the mirror (lyre.mit.edu) returned 404 errors and the installer crashed.

I tried to kill the processes from the shell on tty2, but they kept re-spawning so I finally gave up and powered off.

I tried again, selecting ibiblio.org from the list. It also returned 404 errors and the installer crashed again as before.

what kind of install cd was it? I once had problems with official unstable netinst cd. i always use unofficial woody (and then edit sources by hand changing stable->unstable) and it always works for me.

--
Dominik Szczerba, Dr.