INSTALL REPORT

Debian-installer-version: http://people.debian.org/~tfheen/d-i/images/daily/net-1440.img 02 March 2003
uname -a: Linux (none) 2.4.19-386 #1 Mon Nov 18 21:50:03 EST 2002 i686 unknown
Date: 02 March 2003 2330 EST
Method: Floppy disk install
	HTTP method
	lyre.mit.edu

Machine: Dell Inspiron 8000
Processor: PIII 1GHz
Memory: 512 Mb
Root Device:
Root Size/partition table:  Feel free to paste the full partition
      table, with notes on which partitions are mounted where.
Output of lspci:

Base System Installation Checklist:

Initial boot worked:    [X]
Configure network HW:   [X]
Config network:         [X]
Detect CD:              [ ]
Load installer modules: [E]
Detect hard drives:     [ ]
Partition hard drives:  [ ]
Create file systems:    [ ]
Mount partitions:       [ ]
Install base system:    [ ]
Install boot loader:    [ ]
Reboot:                 [ ]
[O] = OK, [E] = Error (please elaborate below), [ ] = didn't try it

Comments/Problems:

Those sure are nice screen shots on Tollef's web site. Too bad I never saw anything like that on my system. I have a 1600x1200 screen, and the installer shows me 80x25 character text mode.

I selected HTTP as access method, but the mirror (lyre.mit.edu) returned 404 errors and the installer crashed.

I tried to kill the processes from the shell on tty2, but they kept re-spawning so I finally gave up and powered off.

I tried again, selecting ibiblio.org from the list. It also returned 404 errors and the installer crashed again as before.