Re: Mozilla 1.2 positively screwed

Anders E. Andersen wrote:

I have just set up my system to use Konqueror. I have tried it a bit before but some of my favorite sites doesn't work correctly in it. [...]

I tried to use Konqueror but it often times out on sites that Mozilla loads quickly and perfectly. I don't know what's wrong, but I'm happy with Mozilla so I didn't investigate.

I've also installed KMail and is quite happy with it so far. Whatever happens with Mozilla I think I will use KMail from now on. It's really excellent.

I definitely agree as I'm using KMail exclusively -- at home. Here at the office I'm forced to stay on Windows so I'm using Mozilla as the alternative is much worse. ;)

[...] roll back to 1.1 which is working quite well for me.
Thats in fact the best suggestion I've heard so far. Won't there be any trouble with my present apt sources overriding this source? [...]

You can install a specific version by using:

  apt-get install libnspr4=1.1-1 libnss3=1.1-1 \
    mozilla-browser=1.1-1 mozilla-psm=1.1-1

or simply download the .debs and install them with dpkg -i.

Then run dselect and put all those packages on hold (using the '=' key), so that they won't be upgraded unless you explicitly ask to.

I don't know how to hold a package outside of dselect, if someone does feel free to explain.

--
Ciao,
    Flavio Stanchina