Re: Problem installing from the network (looping)

I found out why, after a lonnnng time :-)

I finally found an old ne-2k pci network card. As usual, it detected it, but this time, the module message was a bit more verbose, and didn't mind noticing me that the card, even though it has been detected, shouldn't work with an IRQ=0...

From there, I investigated, and found out that the BIOS was set to "plug and play OS"... Even by default or at the PC supplier shop.

> Could you send us the exact message it prints, as well as the
> output of ifconfig?

ifconfig gave me only l0 and ifconfig -a l0 and eht0 with it's IP address, MAC address, and so on (no error and the word RUNNING, but not UP). But communication with the card didn't work... And this "ressource unavailable" and "network is down" message.

Sorry for the question I answered myself, but maybe it helps someone :-)

By the way, I suggest one add a note on the instruction manual regarding this "Plug and Play OS" BIOS feature. I checked it again, there is a lot about shadow RAM and stuff, but nothing about that, and linux doesn't seem to notice...

Thanks anyway!

Emanuel